Recently I read an awesome post by JD of A Wrestling Writer on Out Of The Well called Writing Bucket List. I have never been big on bucket lists. Maybe I’m not ready to die (just kidding!) or just cause I’m not big on adrenaline rush, but I’ve never thought of a specific bucket list, especially a writing one.
I read down the list on this blog post and I became absolutely excited and inspired. There was someone who loved the writing as much as I did and whose goals were so similar to mine. I felt what we all want to feel: I was not alone in the world!
This post inspired me and I’ve been thinking for days now to write my own list. I will write it up and as I check the items off my list, I will follow JD’s example and come back here and update them with the dates.
My Writing Bucket List:
- Write a novel – started in 2011, in re-write now, first draft of another one is ‘stewing’
- Become part of a writing group – 2011 and 2012
- Take a writing class – 2011, 2012
- Get novel professionally edited
- Publish a novel
- Have a blog – 2013
- Have a newsletter – 2014
- Write a short story – 2014
- Publish a short story – should be in Sept 2014
- Enter a writing contest – 2014 and was accepted into anthology
- Win a writing contest
- Complete NaNoWriMo
- Join Fantasy, Futuristic and Paranormal chapter of Romance Writers Of America
- Attend RWA conference
- Meet my readers at one of the ‘Cons or a book festival, sign and sell my book
- Write three books a year – fantasy, writing, tech tips for writers
- Write a book of short stories – in progress, 50% in 2014
- Write and publish a non-fiction e-book
- Self-publish a book of short stories
- Get published in a magazine
- Guest post for a blog
- Attend writers conference – 2013 and 2014
- Join writer’s society – 2013, GLAWS
- Go on a writing retreat
- Get BA in creative writing
- Become an editor
- Do e-book formatting for others
- Open digital publishing house
- Offer classes on memoir writing to local seniors
- Open a writer-friendly coffee shop with comfy seats and free wi-fi
- Be a full time writer
They say if you dream it and write it down, it will happen. I’ll be hard at work to make it happen.
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post please subscribe to the Weekly Inspiration Newsletter.